Bespoke Wedding Cakes
Whether you choose an elegant wedding or more of an intimate affair, with every wedding cake being handmade you can create a design that fits your theme. You will be involved in the design from the beginning so that you can decide the important details.
Elegant Wedding Cakes
There are lots of different mediums to create your cake but for an elegant show stopper cake that has that WOW factor its best to use fondant.
Fondant is great at adding extra details, you can see from the photo that the couple opted to add sugar ruffles to their bottom tier and a quilting pattern to the tier above.
Royal icing is less popular now as a cake covering but its great at adding details such as initials or a piped lace design.
The addition of handmade sugar flowers in your choice of colours and arrangement are a great way to finish off a cake.
Rustic Wedding Cakes
Naked, semi-naked and buttercream wedding cakes are perfect for your rustic wedding. There are few different ways to finish them.
You could use fresh fruit, strawberries, raspberries and blueberries are a popular choices but if you wanted something a little bit different you could add figs or passion fruits.
Another option is finishing with fresh flowers that you have used in your center pieces, which is a great way to tie the wedding together.
Or have a mixture of both like this couple did in the summer.
Displaying your rustic cake on one of my log stands completes the rustic theme.
I go in to more detail on what finish to have on your wedding cake over on my blog.
Intimate Wedding Cakes
There are lots of beautiful venues in Devon and Cornwall that offer intimate weddings. I am a recommended supplier at Tree Top Escapes and Millbrook Estate that are both beautiful elopement venues.
Just because your having a small cake doesn't mean it can be a center piece. I can add detailing such as hand piping and sugar flowers to a single tier.
"Jax made our lovely wedding cake and we couldn't have wished for a tastier cake! All our guests loved it 👍🏼 she really can bake any cake for any occasion and we would recommend her 100%.
Sarah and Lloyd
Not sure what design you want? We can work together to get ideas and inspiration.
How to order your dream wedding cake
- To start off with your wedding date, this is important as I hand make and deliver every wedding cake personally and I can only be in one place at a time.
- Next as each cake will be priced on the size and amount of work involved a rough design or idea is helpful. From having a naked cake adorned with fresh fruit and flowers to a show stopper five tier cake with cascading roses its all possible but will have different price tags. There is a portion guide below to work out what combination of tiers you might need but usually a three tier 6, 8, 10 inch round would be suitable for most weddings and serve around 80 guests. However how many tiers is not always decided on how many guests you are having. You can have extra cake stored in the kitchen to make up portions, or you can use dummy tiers if you want a big cake but not lots of cake left over.
- Now the best bit, flavour! Below is a list of flavours though if you fancy a different flavour, just let me know and I should be able to accommodate you.
- Finally I recommend coming for a consultation, this is so that you can try your chosen flavours and discuss all the specific details of your dream cake. Plus if you haven't decided on a design we can work together to make a design perfect for you. I can then give you a quote, all that is then required from you is a 50% booking fee to secure your order.
- Very Vanilla - Vanilla sponge filled with raspberry or strawberry jam and vanilla buttercream and covered with white chocolate ganache
- Chocoholics Dream - Chocolate sponge filled with chocolate buttercream and covered with milk or dark chocolate ganache
- Luscious Lemon - Lemon sponge filled with lemon curd and lemon buttercream and covered with white chocolate ganache
- Stunning Strawberry - Strawberry sponge filled with strawberry buttercream and covered in white chocolate ganache
- Chocolate and Caramel - Chocolate sponge filled with chocolate buttercream and caramel sauce and covered with milk or dark chocolate ganache
- Salted Caramel - Salted caramel sponge filled with salted caramel buttercream and salted caramel and covered in white chocolate ganache
- Mocha - Coffee sponge filled with coffee buttercream and covered with milk or dark chocolate ganache
- Carrot - Carrot cake filled orange buttercream and covered with white chocolate ganache
- Red Velvet - Red chocolate flavour sponge filled with vanilla buttercream and covered with chocolate ganache of your choosing
- White Chocolate and Raspberry - Raspberry sponge filled with raspberry buttercream and covered with white chocolate ganache
- Sherry fed fruit cake covered with apricot jam and marzipan (Additional charge)
Contact me as dietary requests can be catered for such as gluten, dairy, nut or egg free.
Square cakes will be charged at 15% extra.
If you require a cake stand for your wedding cake I have stands available for hire.
If you want to meet me informally check out the wedding fayres I am attending. These are also a great way to meet other suppliers for your wedding all under one roof.
"Cake was perfect Jax, flower decor was beautiful and taste great. Thank You.
Anna and Guy